One of my all time favorite foods is anything Mexican. When I was pregnant with my youngest son I ate it 5 days a week, 6 and 7 when I could talk my husband into it. I love this casserole both by itself or with a salad.
- 1 lb Ground beef, lean, browned
- 1 (15 ounce) can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Corn, kernel, drained
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno, canned slices (I used Jalepenos that I canned)
- Small Onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 bunch Cilantro, fresh
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Taco seasoning mix
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup Shredded Cheese, (I shred my own)
- 3/4 cup Sour cream, nonfat or Greek Yogurt
Meanwhile spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half and place 8 of the halves in bottom of the baking dish, overlapping where needed.
Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spread the sour cream over beef mixture evenly. Repeat the tortilla halves and beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc…
Some of my boys are not cilantro fans….that’s why the cilantro isn’t on the whole thing.