Ok, so I decided to test this recipe on a large group of friends at our Saturday Night Taco Bar. And I have to warn you right from the start – this is not diet friendly! Now that we have that behind us….. I needed a dip of sorts, some sort of appetizer to go along with the salsa and guacamole. With a guest list of 50, I figured that I had better make a double batch. I knew right away that it was a hit! So for all of those that asked for the recipe, here you go!
The ingredients below are for an 8×8 pan. I actually doubled the recipe when I made it and it filled up the 9×13 perfectly.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped fine **Optional
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin