This is one of those mouth-watering recipes that can be used as a side dish at Thanksgiving, Christmas or as a dessert for any holiday occasion.
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 2 cups whole raw cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
Mix together the apples, cranberries and sugar in a casserole dish. Top with 1/2 cup water.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
Mix together the topping and sprinkle it over the cranberry, apple mixture.
Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees. This is delicious as a side or as a dessert, warmed and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!!
Reblogged this on Preserving the Good Life.