My family loves anything dill, especially my Daddy – Ha! Ha! (That’s a joke!!) I was so excited to get these beans to make dilly beans and my Daddy in his girly voice said – “I’m so excited too!”….. He was being totally sarcastic; he hates vinegar, so I definitely did not get the love of dill pickles from him! But that’s ok – that just means that’s one less thing that he will sneak off my dinner plate.
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
- Garlic Clove per each jar
- Sprig of Fresh Dill per each jar
- Sprinkle of dill seed per each jar
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- 10 ~ 16 oz pint jars.
- 5 cups of water
- 5 cups of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of non-iodized salt
Remove ends of green beans and wash very well. If you have any really long beans break them so they will easily fit in a pint jar.
- Carefully place the beans in the jars. Add 1 clove of garlic and 1 spring of dill in each jar.
In another pot place water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil let boil for 5 minutes until the salt is dissolved.
- Sprinkle a little bit of dill seed in each jar.
Fill each jar with vinegar syrup mixture leaving 1/2 inch head space. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a sterile cloth. Place boiled, hot lids on each jar and tighten. Water bath for 10 minutes.
Let sit for 2 weeks before opening. I can not wait to open these!!! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply